There are indeed a lot of free things to do and see while visiting Jekyll Island, after you visit our Georgia beaches, of course. However, for those who call the island home and those who visit with children, they may want to do something that the entire family can enjoy. We suggest that you consider spending the day at the Summer Waves Waterpark on Jekyll Island. It isn’t very far from many of our Jekyll Island rental homes!
Waterslides & Attractions
- Force 3 – The Force 3 waterslide is 32 feet tall and has three slides. Other waterslides include Flash Flood, a double innertube slide that is 350 feet deep with twists and turns that make it a must-do! Thunder & Lightning is not as deep, but it is just as exciting. It consists of two slides that spiral 150 feet into an enclosed flume.
- Frantic Atlantic Wave Pool – Catch the waves in the Frantic Atlantic Wave Pool. The pool has over 500,000 gallons of water that create waves reaching over two feet!
- Splash Zone – Smaller children enjoy frolicking in the Splash Zone, where they can get drenched by giant buckets of water falling on them with different levels of intensity.
- Pirate’s Passage – The fast & furious Pirate’s Passage takes you on a ride through a double-seater innertube slide down a five-story enclosed tower.
- Turtle Creek – If you’re just looking for a way to relax and unwind, then make your way to Turtle Creek. Take a tube down the half-mile lazy river while you enjoy the cool waters and the park scenery along the way.
Food & Shopping
Larry’s Giant Subs
You won’t have to contemplate what you will eat, as there is only one place to eat at Summer Waves Waterpark: Larry’s Giant Subs. It is the only sub sandwich shop that offers healthy and nutritional options on their menu. Salads, subs, hotdogs, kid’s menu items, and a variety of ice cream treats are available at Larry’s Giant Subs.
Our Surf Shop
If you have forgotten anything that you might need for a day at the park, you’re sure to find it at Our Surf Shop. You’ll find everything from bathing suits to sunscreen and beach towels. If you want to take a memento of your time at Summer Waves, you can buy it here before leaving the park.
Admission & Park Information
If you are planning a visit to Summer Waves Waterpark once they open for the 2020 season in May, here is what you need to know for planning purposes.
The park is located at 210 S. Riverview Drive on Jekyll Island. Their hours vary throughout the season, but you can find a complete calendar with operating hours on their website.
- General Admission Monday – Thursday – $25
- General Admission Fridays-Sundays & Holidays – $28
Please call 912.635.2074 for the latest group rates.
The entire park can also be reserved and includes concessions or special catering by Larry’s Giant Subs.
Season Passes for 2022 (Rates)
$80 per person
Advantages of a Season Pass include:
- A one-time chance to buy up to 5 Buddy Tickets at $20 ea. plus tax
- 10% off at Summer Waves Surf Shop
- 10% off general admission to Georgia Sea Turtle Center
- 10% off Georgia Sea Turtle Center Gift Shop
Season passes can be purchased on-site or by phone (912-635-2074). These passes are not interchangeable. Each pass is only intended for one person and cannot be transferred to anyone else.
When you plan on visiting Jekyll Island, don’t forget to check out this fun Jekyll Island waterpark. It’s sure to be a day to remember!
Plan Your Visit
You’re sure to have a blast at all the activities available around the island, and it’s all just minutes from our Jekyll Island rentals!