Parker-Kaufman Realtors, formerly Parker Realty Company, was formed in a former bank building in downtown Brunswick in 1926 by William H. Parker and was joined by John. C. Kaufman in 1937. Until recently, the Brunswick office remained in the same building in the business district next door to City Hall. Wright Parker joined the firm in 1941, Mary Parker in 1954 and John A. Kaufman in 1959. In 1964, the Jekyll Island Office was opened. The St. Simon’s office was added in the 1960s, and the North Brunswick office was added in the 1970s. W. Wright Parker, Jr. joined the firm in the 1970s and John C. “Jay” Kaufman joined the firm in the 1980s.